At Makai HR we take great pride in providing dependable, end-to-end payroll, and HR support for all our valued customers. We care about our client’s feedback and regularly check-in to ensure we are delivering value. One of the ways we obtain this feedback is through our bi-annual NPS survey. We are really excited to share our recent NPS survey results.
What is NPS?
Net promoter score (NPS) is a widely used market research metric that asks respondents (customers/clients) to answer a single survey question to rate the likelihood that they would recommend a company, product, or a service to a friend or colleague. This is a very valuable metric for companies because a happy customer is much more likely to recommend services to a friend or colleague and word-of-mouth advertising is so helpful.
We care very much about creating a great experience for our clients so when we asked our clients to rank us in the NPS survey this year, we were hopeful to get positive results. We truly want to provide the best HR services for small businesses in Hawaii and have worked hard to offer comprehensive services that give our clients the HR solutions they need to be successful.
On the flip side, we are always happy for any feedback that could help us improve and this survey is also a great opportunity for us to hear about ways we could be even better.
Below is a quick recap of our 2022 client satisfaction survey.
NPS Survey Result
Makai HR has a 2022 Net Promoter Score of 63. The overall average NPS is 27, but the average score for payroll services is even lower. The score ranges from -100 to +100 and an NPS score of 0-30 is considered good. Any score above 30 shows that a company is among the top providers with far more happy customers than unhappy ones. We are pleased with our high score of 63 because it means that the majority of our customers are very happy with our services.
We saw over and over again in the survey responses that our clients appreciate our responsiveness and great customer service. The Makai HR team of experts is here to answer our clients’ questions in a timely manner.
Here is a sample of the responses given by our clients about why they ranked us so highly:
- You guys are great at being responsive and helping with questions or difficulties; it’s really important when it comes to payroll, deadlines, etc., and I really appreciate that. Overall, it’s great working with you. Mahalo nui. 🙂
- Makai HR is very engaged with the client as compared to my previous experiences w/ other PEO’s. The close contact and resolving all questions and issues are resulting in a better and more comprehensive HR for our employees. Ultimately, I feel Makai HR will help my business remain in compliance, attract & retain employees, and help my business grow over the long term. Makai HR’s implementation/on-boarding process was also more thorough and superior to other PEO’s.
- Fair with pricing and fees. Makai has everything together.
- I have never been left hanging. Whenever I had a question or concern Makai HR always responded quickly or was in front of the issue.
- Always accessible when I need something. There’s someone always responding back.
- Everything is pretty easy when I need help and you guys are pretty responsive. I don’t really have any complaints.
- They are extremely helpful in any of our company’s HR needs, Payroll, and Tax information too! They helped us so much during the pandemic to assist us with getting the information we needed to help with Tax credits as well as PPP loans. We really can’t thank them enough!!!
Here is a sample of some of the ways we could improve and how we’ve taken this feedback and made immediate changes:
- Regular phone calls from the account manager to check-in. (We’ve increased our reach-out frequency.)
- Reduce turnover so staff is consistent (We are working hard on this!)
- Provide quarterly tips for employers. (We’ve implemented an informative monthly client newsletter!)
- Ability for employers to add employee hours manually instead of emailing them. (Our system allows this, so we see this as an opportunity to continue to improve our HRIS training options.)
- Maybe have a checklist of things that the business can contemplate if there are policies, procedures, and benefits which are either recommended, or worth exploring so that I can take full advantage of all the products and services being offered. (We love this idea and are working on creating this checklist!)
Thank you so much to all our valued clients who took the time to respond!
Do you need HR services for your business without in-house staff? We’ve got you covered through HR outsourcing! When you partner with Makai HR you can get on with the business you are trying to grow while we take care of your employee needs from payroll to taxes, health insurance/benefits and worker’s compensation. You also gain peace of mind that you are compliant with all of Hawaii’s employer laws (if you’ve ever looked you know that the list is very long and changes happen). When choosing a PEO to partner with, there are many things to consider including cost, services, and technology solutions.
With the cost of doing business in Hawaii at record highs, we know how important it is to keep labor costs in line with revenue. Our plans are priced competitively and include value-added services like time-in/time-out systems. We offer a 100% paperless solution which means that your employees can manage their needs through a computer, tablet, or phone. We can truly improve your employees’ work benefits while freeing you up to run your business.
What are you waiting for? Companies that partner with a PEO benefit from 7-9% faster growth, 10-14% lower employee turnover; and they are 50% less likely to go out of business. Contact us today to get started!